Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Post Easter

Easter 08 included a few days in Canberra City to undertake research at the National Library and then present a paper on Bawdy Folklore for the National Folklore Conference. Good Friday was spent at the National Folk Festival where I compered a concert celebrating the State of NSW - it was a conveyor belt concert - each of the artists, including me, had one song. Miraculously it worked although at times it felt rushed.

These festivals are now massive - a combination of mini concerts, food alleys, workshops, displays and plenty of street culture. My favourite was a ten foot, I kid you not, rowdy Scotsman and his randy five foot high dog - complete with the largest and nastiest set of dog's balls you have ever seen.  It was extremely funny. 

Back at work I commenced action on the DVD series - visiting Canberra allowed me to focus on the direction for this series - it will be a history of traditional music in Australia - and use image, sound bites and film to tell the various stories. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home